In this article, you will learn how to perform Hajj and Hajj Steps Day By Day. Hajj is the most important last pillar of Islam. Muslims (who can afford the hajj journey financially and physically fit) must have to perform Hajj every year. The biggest event is performed in the last month of the Islamic calendar. Dhu al-Hijjah is also known as the month of Hajj. The rites of Hajj are performed from 8th to 12th Dhu al-Hijjah every year in Makkah or Mecca.
Step By Step Guide To Hajj:
Learn how to perform Hajj and Hajj Steps day by day. Every year millions of pilgrims go to Makkah to perform Hajj. Muslims follow the complete Hajj directions and actions of the holy prophet Muhammad (PBUH) which he told 1400 years ago. There are three types of Hajj and here we will describe each type briefly.
Three Types of Hajj:
- Hajj al-Ifrad
- Hajj al-Tamattu
- Hajj al-Qiran
Hajj al-Ifrad: This type of Hajj or method to perform Hajj is suitable for those people who live in Makkah and make a single Niyyah for performing the Hajj without Umrah. This type of Hajj is very suitable for people who live within the Miqat boundaries. The pilgrim who wants to perform Hajj al-Ifrad is called Mufrid.
Hajj al-Tamattu: This method to perform Hajj consists of both Umrah and Hajj. In this type of Hajj, the Pilgrim first perform Umrah in Ihram and all its restrictions lifted until Hajj then again he wears Ihram to perform Hajj. The person who performed this type of hajj is called Mutammati.
Steps of Hajj al-Tamattu:
- Perform Umrah first during the months of Hajj in the same year but before the rites of Hajj.
- Pilgrims are released from Ihram’s restrictions until Hajj after completing the Umrah.
- Pilgrims make Niyyah for performing the Hajj only on or before 8th Dhul-hijja before leaving Makkah for Mina.
- Animal sacrification is compulsory
Hajj al-Qiran: In this type of Hajj or method to perform Hajj pilgrim has to make one Niyyah for Umrah and Hajj. And also pilgrims have to complete whole Umrah and Hajj rituals in the state of Ihram. The person who performed this type of Hajj is called Qiraan. Animal sacrification is compulsory.
Image Source: Via AboutIslam.Net
Hajj Steps Day By Day:
Image Source: Via Pintrest
Learn about Hajj steps day by day activities in a very easy way. After getting this knowledge you can very easily perform Hajj. Let’s have a look at all these compulsory steps before going to Hajj.
Day One (8th Dhul-Hijjah)
Step 1: Choose Type of Hajj And Make Intention or Niyyah Before Miqat
Miqat: The pilgrims cannot enter in Miqat (entry points) without Ihram and Niyyah. Therefore all the pilgrims enter the Miqat (entry points) in the state of Ihram from one of the five Miqats. They make the intention to perform Hajj before the Miqat in the state of Ihram.
- Tawaf al Qudum (Welcome Tawaf of Holy Kabbah).
- Perform Sa’y
Go to Mina.
(8th of Dhu’l-Hijjah to 9th of Dhu’l-Hijjah)
- After reaching Mina, perform five obligatory prayers starting with the Duhur prayer and ending with Fajr prayer.
- You need to collect small pebbles for the “stoning” ceremony on the Rami al-Jamarat occasion.
Day Two (9th Dhul-Hijjah):
Going to Arafat:
- After performing Fajar prayer in Mina reach Arafat and devote yourself in prayer and spent your time in worship as much as possible. Perform Wuquf at Arafah from the afternoon to onwards.
- Pray to Allah facing yourself towards the Qibla (Holy City of Makkah) after coming outside from your tent.
- After Sunset leave the Arafat and go for Muzdalifah.
Muzdalifah: (9th to 10th of Dhu’l-Hijjah)
- You will have to stay in Muzdalifah for whole the night under the open sky and you will also perform your Maghrib prayer here. Collect the pebbles for the “stoning” ceremony as you have already collected while your stay in Mina.
- You will perform Fajr prayer in Muzdalifah and before sunrise you need to set off for Mina.
Day Three (10th Dhul-Hijjah):
Back To Mina:
- After reaching Mina perform the stoning ceremony (Rami al-Jamarat)
- After performing the Rami al-Jamarat you will offer a sacrifice of an animal if you are performing Hajj al-Qiran or Hajj al-Tamattu’. Sacrifice is not required if you are performing Hajj al-Ifrad.
- Now leave the state of ihram. Most prohibitions are ended.
- Perform Tawaf al-ifadha after reaching Masjid al Haram.
(10th of Dhu’l-Hijjah)
- Perform Tawaf al-Ifadha.
- Then perform Sa’y between Safa and Marwah.
- Drink Zamzam.
- After completed the Tawaf al-Ifadha you will be free from the state of Ihram.
- Return to Mina.
Day Four to Six: (10th to 13th of Dhul-Hijjah)
- You need to stay at Mina for two or three days.
- At Mina, you will stone the tree pillars according to the set order.
- Perform the Farewell Tawaf after returning to al Masjid al Haram.
(12th to 13th of Dhul-Hijjah)
- Perform the Farewell Tawaf
Spend more time as much as you can in the Masjid al Haram. Make your prayers from the core of your heart.
- Hajj is completed now, you can leave Makkah and go for Madina that is your next destination.