In this article you will find out the Prohibitions during Ihram and also know about the Dos And Dont’s of Hajj. Also know How to perform hajj step by step in an easy way. Hajj is the 5th pillar of Islam and most important part of Islam. Millions of Muslims perform Hajj in the month of Dhu al-Hijjah (last month of Islamic calendar) every year. There are several types of hajj and several steps of hajj which are very important for a pilgrim. Also there are certain limits which must have to follow for all the pilgrims during hajj.
How To Perform Hajj – Hajj Step By Step Guide:
There are 3 types of hajj (Hajj al-Ifrad, Hajj al-Tamattu, Hajj al-Qiran) and it is very important to select one of them to perform. The most recommended type of hajj is Hajj al-Tamatuu.
Types of Hajj
- Hajj al-Ifrad: In this type you will only Perform Hajj.
- Hajj al-Tamattu: In this type you will first Perform Umrah and then perform Hajj.
- Hajj al-Qiran: In this type you will Perform Umrah and Hajj together with one Niyyah.
Hajj Step By Step Guide:
- Make Niyyah for your selected type of Hajj
- Wear Ihram before Miqat (Entry Points)
- After reaching Makkah perform Tawaf al Qudum
- Perform Sa’y
- Go to Mina
- Perform 5 obligatory prayers (starting from Duhur prayer and ending with Fajr prayer) after reaching Mina.
- Collect small pebbles from Mina.
- Reach Arafat and perform Wuquf at Arafah.
- After Sunset leave the Arafat and go for Muzdalifah.
- Stay in Muzdalifah for whole night under open sky.
- Collect small pebbles from Muzdalifah.
- Back to Mina.
- After reaching Mina perform the stoning ceremony (Rami al-Jamarat)
- Perform animal sacrifice.
- Now leave the state of ihram.
- Shave or cut your head hairs.
- Perform Tawaf al-ifadha after reaching Masjid haram.
- perform Sa’y.
- Drink Zamzam
- Return to Mina and stay 3 days for performing the stoning ceremony (Rami al-Jamarat).
- Perform the Farewell Tawaf after returning to al Masjid al Haram.
- Hajj is completed now.
Prohibitions During Ihram With Dos And Dont’s of Hajj:
These are the following prohibitions during Ihram with Dont’s of Hajj which are very important for every pilgrim. If the pilgrim commits any one of them, he/she has to offer Kaffarah as a punishment.
فَمَن فَرَضَ فِيهِنَّ الْحَجَّ فَلَا رَفَثَ وَلَا فُسُوقَ وَلَا جِدَالَ فِي الْحَجِّ
- Covering the head is not allowed.
- During Ihram shaving or shortening any hair of the body is not allowed.
- Nails Cutting (Hand or Feet) is not allowed.
- Cannot Use perfume during Ihram.
- Cannot wear sewn clothes.
- Hunting Animals is not allowed.
- Kissing and touching with women(wife) sexual desire is not allowed.
- You cannot marry or propose for marriage during Ihram.
- Sexual intercourse is not allowed.
- Cannot use shoes, socks or stockings
- Use of Mirror for beautification purpose is not allowed.
- Killing of Insects Found on the Body is not allowed
- Applying Oil is not allowed
- Removal of Hair from the Body is not allowed.
- Ladies’ Face Cover
- Teeth Extraction is not allowed.
These are the following Dos of Hajj which are very important to know for every pilgrim.
- Make Intention for performing Hajj
- Cutting nails, shaving the pubic hair and remove any unwanted hair.
- Bathing for Ihram
- Say Duaa after Ghusl
- Wear Ihram
- Say Duaa after after wearing Ihram
- Perform Nafal prayer after wearing ihram
- Make Intention of Ihram from Miqat
- Say Talbiyah loudly: “Labbayk, Allahumma Labbayik — Labbayk La Shareek Laka Labbayk– Innal-hamda Wanimata laka wal-mulk — La shareeka lak”.
- لَبَّيْكَ اللهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ – لَبَّيْكَ لَا شَرِيْكَ لَكَ لَبَّيْكَ – إِنَّ الْحَمْدَ وَالنِّعْمَةَ لَكَ وَالْمُلْكَ – لَا شَرِيْكَ لَكَ
- Say Talbiyah during Umrah and Hajj as much as possible
- Perform all the activities (Already explained above as Hajj Step By Step Guide and How To Perform Hajj And Hajj Steps Day By Day) that are necessary for performing Hajj and Umrah.